Monday, October 15, 2007

'Beautiful Inside'

I came back to office on Friday after several stressful meetings (no guesses why!), to discover this crown on my chair with a bouquet of red carnations and white gladioli, a Rs 5000 voucher from some exotic Mumbai spa, and a letter from Femina telling me that I had been voted the most beautiful woman in my office.
Apparently I will feature in Femina along with four others from here (Deepam and Priya btw are genuinely pretty and petite unlike moi). I have often appeared in Femina over the years, as author, media planner, tennis player, animal person, whatever, never never as beautiful. So ofcourse I did a double take, but then the letter went on to talk about being beautiful inside and making other people happy and all that jazz and then I got the drift.

The folks in Parel voted for me for one reason and one reason alone - I call it the "Fear Factor"! They got too scared not to! But thanks anyway, guys and gals, I love you lots, but sorry, am not sharing the massage or the crown with any of you.

9 comments:

meraj said...

heartiest congratulations, my beautiful sibling...will surely pick up the issue.

love the dash of modesty wrapped up in humour.

cheers!

Smiling Dolphin said...

no modesty, meraj. i really look like a dragon and have a temper to match:-)

kj said...

i can vouch for the latter :-) how are you boss?

Smiling Dolphin said...

oh so stressed kunal, am fully breathing fire and brimstone and all good people are scampering out of my way as you can imagine, esp shivanand!!!!!

Heather said...

Yes there is fire and brimstone, but where there is fire and brimstone there is also passion and most importantly in your case passion for your people. I guess this is why you got that shiny tiara, and I hope you wear it with pride! (can I borrow it occasionally?!. H

svety said...

hey lynn...greaaaaaaat...now u're a princepesa....

Smiling Dolphin said...

thanks for opening my eyes,heather, didn't see it that way.

svety, yes, a principesa who'd much rather have her joshua back than a crown, but dora was luckier...

Anonymous said...

That's lovely. I wish I had a copy of the article. Oh well, just so you know, I continue to read. :)

Shaji.k said...

you deserve a crown on your head and the Femina people have done the coronation with red carnations. how splendid! waiting to get a copy of the femina issue featuring you.