Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Renewing a contract

Anyone who knows me well knows it's very difficult, almost impossible, to get me to sign on the dotted line for anything that involves me personally. If I make a commitment, and if I trust someone, it's all in the heart and nowhere else. I have built a veterinary hospital without a single legal word. There are very few who understand this, but those that do, understand it better than words could ever say.

However, I did rush to respond to this unusual contract of friendship sent by my best friend (who has been an older sister to me for more than half of my life). If you ever want to get me to sign on a dotted line.....something like this might just work!!

2009 Contract
After serious & cautious consideration . . .
Your contract of friendship has been renewed for the New Year 2009!
It was a very hard decision to make. So try not to screw it up!!!
My Wish for You in 2009
May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts.
May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for Rs1000 bills.
May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips!
May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy.
May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words . . . may 2009 be the best year of your life!!!
God bless you as always

4 comments:

SwB said...

Saw you on that UTV discussion ... you were so cool! :)

Wishing you all the best and much more sucess in '09.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had thought of something like this for my best friend, as it is a great wish for the new year. She is a dear, kind person with great strength and spirit, and deserves nothing but such stellar fortune.

I wish you a wonderful 2009 filled with new joys and challenges.

Shaswati said...

WOW! I'll be forever ready to sign a contract like this for my real dear ones!

clemde@gmail.com said...

Lynn !
Who is Saltwater Blues. He has some awesome haiku kind of poetry on his blog. Pune ? Mumbai ? Advertising ?
And may the GSPCA never ever feel the need for a legal word.Amen
ClemD